24 October 2009

Soccer update


Mason chases down a ball during his game today

Mason and Spencer both had soccer games again today, and both continue to do well. Mason's team played a tight game today. His team had more shots on goal, but the other team had a really good goalkeeper and so the end result was a tie. I decided to bring my camera so we could get some action shots of Mason playing.

Spencer's team struggled last week. They were playing a team with some strong, fast players who kept breaking free and scoring goals. Our kids would run down the field with the other team, but they wouldn't cut them off and they wouldn't steal the ball (other than Spencer, who was all over the field when he was playing). So this week for practice, I tried to work on having the kids be more aggressive and stealing the ball. Something clicked, because today when the team played their game, they destroyed their opponents. I stopped keeping score, but it must at least have been 15-0. Spencer may have scored seven or eight goals. We had kids scoring goals who had never scored before. Thanks for making me feel like a great coach, guys.


I know these aren't my kids, but the photo is pretty great, isn't it? I still have mad skills

No comments: