08 August 2009

Wanted: Team Mascot and Colors

We went down to register Mason and Spencer for fall soccer today. I have never played soccer, but I figured I could offer to be an assistant coach, because they're just 4 year olds after all. When we sat down to go through the sign-up sheet, the woman behind the table noted that I had offered to be an assistant coach and then asked me how I would feel about being a head coach instead. I explained that I had never played soccer and wouldn't really know what I was doing. She said they were really short on coaches, and besides, there was a workshop scheduled to go over rules and give practice tips. So here we are. I will be coaching a sport that I've never played in my life. I guess we'll all be learning as we go along. Besides, they're only 4 year olds. How hard can it be?

Our first item of business is to come up with a team name and a team color. This is very important because we can keep the same name and color next year. Any grand ideas?

1 comment:

Andrea Grover said...

Are you ready for this? Here are all the colors/names I've had on various teams:

pink - pink panthers
red - sizzlers
red - flyers
gray - falcons
gray - panthers
red - rebels
purple - panthers
green - bees
blue - vikings