21 November 2009

Better than ultrasound

My siblings are going through a bit of a baby boom. One sister and both of my brothers are expecting children, all within a few months of each other. One night I was talking with my mother on the phone when the subject of all these babies came up. She mentioned what gender several of them were predicting for these babies.

"No," I said, "this is how it's going to be. Jon and Annie will have a girl; Andrea and Seth will have a girl; and Tyson and McKall will have a boy."

Now, this may sound like I was going out on a limb, but I knew what I was doing. (Boy, did I know what I was doing.) Sure enough, the first ultrasound comes back and Jon and Annie are having a girl. Then the second ultrasound comes back and Tyson and McKall are having a boy. Then, finally, Andrea calls this week and tells me they are having a girl. In case anyone was counting, that makes three-for-three. Boo yeah. If anyone is interested in my methods of deduction, you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a check for $49.95. I'll see what I can get back to you.

1 comment:

Andrea Grover said...

The first thing Seth said when the ultrasound technician announced our baby's gender: "Ethan's going to be so smug."

Hmmm ... sounds like you're not the only one who can predict things.