26 May 2008

Got milk?


This gallon of milk was 10 days past its prime.

After returning from our trip to Corpus Christi, we had the opportunity to sit down for family dinner on Sunday. We decided to have some milk to go with our meal. When I went to the fridge, I was surprised to find that our gallon of milk was 10 days past the expiration date. I'm not sure how this could have happened because we never let a gallon of milk last 10 days in our house. I can only assume that either the store had let its milk sit around a bit too long or perhaps the milk had been pasteurized or irradiated or otherwise preserved so well that the date should really read "05/15/2009." As Teressa and I were discussing the situation, Mason astutely realized the potential consequences of the situation and blurted out, "That milk could be bad. Let's have Dad taste it first." Nice to see that I'm the most expendable member of the family.

As it turned out, I did drink the milk first. The milk was still OK and we had drank it for Sunday dinner.

2 comments:

The Barton Family said...

I would for sure make Bryce try expired milk first too, so don't feel too bad Ethan. Glad you all survived!

Andrea Grover said...

Good thing you took a picture.