26 May 2008

Great wall of Scotland


Here I am cutting the last brick down to size.



The last brick was placed on Memorial Day.



Here we are with the finished brick wall.


The brick wall in our front yard has been a long-term project, as well as becoming an ongoing joke. Teressa has had a running commentary with her friends about how long this project is taking. (Answer: about six months.) I started pulling out the sod last fall. Then I laid the footing over New Year's. Then the project sat as a hole in the ground up until April.

Once April rolled around, I finally had some extra time to work on the project. I was invigorated and vowed to finish the project as quickly as possible. Well, that and Teressa bribed me with the opportunity to get a new iPod once the project was finished. Now the bricks are finally done. All we need to do now is to plant our shrubs. Take that, doubters and naysayers. Don't you wish you had a brick wall in front of your house?

2 comments:

The Barton Family said...

Guess I lost money on that bet, I thought for sure that project was lasting till Christams!! Just Kidding, it looks great! When is the inaguration? I am sure Teressa wants to celebrate. I bet those shrubs will get planted much faster since you can jam to your new i pod!!

The Lara Family said...

It's about time Ethan!