18 January 2010

Chair rail


The bathroom wall before ...


And after putting up the chair rail

Part of the big plans for the bathroom that I discussed in the last post was to put in a chair rail. Teressa has been hoping that I would finish the job before her mother comes next weekend. As you can see from the photos above, it may not be done yet (I still need to caulk the edges and paint), but it looks a lot closer. Unfortunately, as I was doing the job, I discovered that the walls are nowhere near square. So instead of just using the power miter saw to cut 45 degree angles for the corners, I ended up coping them instead. This added at least another three or four hours to the project. Hopefully it will look nice enough that it will be worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Perfectionist. I would have cut the 45-degree angles and caulked it up.

Neal & Annette said...

Dad and I think a waterfall would be fittingly inspirational, especially since you have three boys.