16 January 2010

The philosophy of decorating

We have been working on redecorating the downstairs bathroom. I have painted the top half of the walls and am in the process of putting up a chair rail. While I am doing this, Teressa has been finding new decorations. I don't suppose I've been much help in the process. Every time she comes up with an idea, I shoot it down. First she wanted to hang up pictures of the family. My response: The reason I lock the door when I'm in here is to keep those same people from watching me when I'm going to the bathroom. Tonight we were at Ross when she found some inspirational phrases in nice frames. She thought those might be a good idea. Of course, they read things like, "You can't change the direction of the winds, but you can change your sails." I'm I the only one that sees something wrong with that?

So finally Teressa says, "Fine, what would you hang on the wall?" Well, I would hang a nice scenic photo — of a waterfall.

1 comment:

Andrea Grover said...

How DO you decorate a bathroom? Upstairs we have a $5 copy of a painting I found on clearance at Wal-mart. Downstairs we have a fake paned window with dried roses in its window box. Both bathrooms are pretty bare. I guess that's fitting.