27 September 2008

Chain saws: Part 2

One week after heading down to Houston to do hurricane cleanup, I headed over to the Schertz animal shelter to help Cameron Alpers with his Eagle project. The project included cutting down brush and trees from behind the building and hauling it to some dumpsters. Once again the chain saws came out. This time I couldn't help it. The Schneiders had an extra chain saw sitting around and offered me a chance to use it. I just couldn't say no.

I've decided that chain saws are like crack. Only better. Way better. I could feel the testosterone surging through my body every time I felled a tree. I have to get one of these things. I even tried suggesting to Teressa that she could get me one for Christmas, but from her response, I would guess the odds are not good. I'll just have to be persistent. New contest: The person who comes up with the excuse that allows me to buy a chain saw will earn my undying affection and gratitude. What better reward could there be than that?

2 comments:

Ethan Scott said...

nise

The Addams Family said...

For me, shoe buying is kind of like crack...only better.