13 September 2008

Taking the cake


Teressa knew she must have the cake mould for this cake for her Beehives.

A few weeks ago, Teressa was out shopping with her friends when she came across a cake pan in the shape of a beehive. Since Teressa is the leader of the Beehives at church, she took this as a sign that she must have the pan. To put the pan to the test, Teressa baked the cake pictured above. She even used the exact recipe that came on the pan. I would be the first to admit that Teressa did a fantastic job, though Teressa might be the first to admit that baking isn't usually her thing. Alas, Teressa gave the whole cake to a new Beehive who had just turned 12, and we didn't get to sample the final product. And since we don't have any girls in our family (unless you count Teressa, who turned 12 a long time ago), we may not get to taste this recipe for a long time.

2 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Dangit! I just got released as the Beehive adviser, otherwise I'd totally ask you to pick up another one for me. Were there any Primary music cake molds?

The Barton Family said...

Impressive! I bet DeLaney loved it! I am missing her by the way, she gave me hugs every week! Enjoy her!