02 September 2008

Girls will be girls


This Labor Day weekend, Teressa's best friends from high school, Julie Kern and Lynndy Hurdle, came to visit her from Mississippi. So Teressa decided to have a girls night out and left me with the three boys while she and her friends spent the night at the Riverwalk. (Of course, I was post-call, so I was perfectly happy to stay home and go to bed early. It was a win-win situation.) Teressa had a great time having her friends here, and so did the boys. I think Mason talked non-stop about Pokemon the whole time they were here. (I wouldn't be surprised if he was even talking about it in his sleep, but I didn't stay up to find out.)


Jenga was a big hit at Family Home Evening

On Sunday night we had Family Home Evening with the whole nine yards—lesson, treat, game and everything. To finish the evening, we played Jenga, the game a blind man can play with his whole family. (More on that in our upcoming Thanksgiving post.) As you can see from the photo above, Jenga was a smash. The next morning I got up bright and early and drove Julie and Lynndy to the airport on the way to work. Teressa is already missing them and looking forward to the next time they visit.

No comments: